Taylor Lauren Ross
Freelance Editor and Book Group Facilitator
The written word is my passion. I consider it an honor to work with writers to develop their own craft and a joy to discuss published works with avid readers.
I hold a BA in English from the University of California, Los Angeles and have participated in writing courses at UCLA and the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program. Since founding the MUG Writing Group in 2009, I have led fiction workshops and had my own work critiqued bi-weekly. I have written articles for Santa Barbara Magazine and Edible Santa Barbara, among others, and my short fiction has appeared or is forthcoming in Westwind, Glass Mountain, and (parenthetical). I am currently writing a YA science fiction novel.
EDITING AND CONSULTING
- Manuscript Proofreading 2 cents per word
- Read the manuscript twice
- Eliminate spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors
- Revise sentence structure for clarity and impact
- Manuscript Analysis 2.5 cents per word
- Includes work completed under Manuscript Proofreading
- Provide in-text line edits and margin notes
- Provide a written analysis of the manuscript, suggesting specific solutions to story and structural issues
- Telephone Conference/Video Chat $25.00 per hour
- Offer further clarification to the Manuscript Proofreading and/or Manuscript Analysis
- Offer verbal feedback on the client’s ideas and answer any client questions
- Brainstorm new ideas with the client
- TURNAROUND TIME: I provide an estimated return date when you submit your writing. Your work deserves quality attention, and my response time will vary depending on the size of your piece.
- BILLING: Payment is expected via check or PayPal. Client will be invoiced upon completion of service, including any mailing, telephone, and printing expenses. Client should expect delivery of Manuscript Proofreading and Analysis results within 24 hours of payment, if electronic, and 3-5 business days via postal mail. Telephone Conference payment is expected within 24 hours of conference completion if electronic, and 3-5 business days via postal mail.
- MANUSCRIPT FORMAT: Email documents as Microsoft Word. Documents should be double-spaced, 12-point type, Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins.
- All client work is confidential.
BOOK GROUP FACILITATION
As a book group facilitator, I will moderate a 1-2 hour discussion session, in which I offer background information about the author and a series of thought-provoking questions. I am happy to suggest a reading list tailored to your group. Prices vary; please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.